The ancestral diet of dogs is characterized by an average consumption of 52% protein, 47% fat and 1% carbohydrates of ME (metabolizable energy). Cats’ natural diet comprises 52% protein, 46% fat and 2% carbohydrates. According to AAFCO, the minimum recommended allowance of crude protein, as percentage of the daily nutrient intake, is 18% for adult dogs and 26% for cats. Commercial pet foods contain between 18-34% protein; more protein than the minimum recommended amount. However, since protein is the most expensive macronutrient, many of these foods unfortunately contain poor quality, incomplete protein sources which often are not digested well. Insufficient protein or poor-quality protein diets may predispose the animal to poor condition, muscle wasting, osteoporosis, impaired recovery after injury or training, and decreased mental ability. Protein-rich diets have multiple health benefits, promote a healthy body condition, and help to maintain general well-being.
WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE is a natural constituent of milk. It is considered a complete protein source, containing all amino acids required for healthy physiological function. Protein is an essential component of all living cells, and a substrate for a multitude of physiological processes. Whey Protein have significant anti-inflammatory-, antioxidant-, and immune-modulating properties. It:
- enhances protection against toxins, viruses, and bacteria,
- reduces the risk of various cancers,
- promotes cardiovascular-, liver-, digestive- and hormonal health,
- maintains healthy skin and bone,
- supports healthy body weight,
- promotes a sense of well-being, and
- stimulates muscle regeneration and functional adaptation.
- Whey protein contains amino acids which form vital structural components in muscle cells, ligaments and tendons. It is rich in amino acid leucine, which helps to reduce muscle breakdown under stressful conditions, and stimulate muscle protein synthesis4. Sufficient protein enables your pet to improve muscle composition and physical strength, especially when combined with regular exercise. Whey protein promotes a leaner, muscular, and healthy body condition. 1-5